[antlr-interest] Link error while making cpp distribution Calc sample

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Dec 6 01:55:53 PST 2001

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 09:49:37PM -0000, jm_lynn wrote:
> Help!  I compiled and linked antlr.dll successfully but failed while
> linking the cpp sample calc.  The VC++ V6.0 linker failed to resolve
> the antlr classes.  For example:
>
> main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
> __thiscall
>  antlr::CharScanner::~CharScanner(void)" (??
> 1CharScanner at antlr@@UAE at XZ)
>
> Will someone out there willing to show me a trick or two to get me
> started on Antlr?

Don't use a dll ? I toyed a bit around with MSVC6 and a dll build this
weekend for the 2.7.2 release but I get the feeling MSVC6 is horribly
broken, I hope that somewhere in the 2.7.2aX series someone more
knowledgeable about MSVC6 can fix this.

Back to your problem I had a report a while back that you needed to link
the CharScanner.cpp into your project to get this to work.

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Time what is time - I wish I knew how to tell You why - It hurts to know -
          Aren't we machines - Time what is time - Unlock the door
               - And see the truth - Then time is time again
                From: 'Time what is Time' by Blind Guardian