[antlr-interest] Link error while making cpp distribution Calc sample

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Dec 11 08:39:22 PST 2001

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:15:52AM -0500, jm_lynn at yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I tried your approach and it work.

Aha good to hear =)

> Steve Siber had  also sent me some more info on making the Antlr DLL
> that will link.  I will try that later.

Could you forward me that info? I'm not really familiar with MSVC6 and the
hoops you have to go through to make a dll. Currenlty the tree for 2.7.2
does not link any more as DLL and I'd prefer to fix it before the 2.7.2
prereleases go out the door =)

> As far as I can tell, Antler is great stuff and I had been dying to get a
> crack at it.  By having the Calc working, I find it much easier to
> understand the architecture.

Yup calc is a good example to start with. There's also some class
documentation available from my antlr page

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr

This is for the upcoming release so it's slightly different here and there.
But it still should be a good help for getting an idea how the support
library fits together.

Cheers,

Ric