[antlr-interest] fixed static bitset init problem etc...

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Sat Dec 15 14:27:08 PST 2001

Just an update on things.  Couple of nice changes I just made:

*** Made antlr.Tool.doEverything() return a code instead of
System.exit.  made a wrapper
to do the exit for cmd-line tools.  Makes it much easier for ANT build
tool to call ANTLR for those interested in doing so.

*** ["Bryan O'Sullivan" <bryan at bea.com> submitted fix] Used to generic
lots of static arrays, but bugs in java impl restrict number/size of
static arrays you can have.  Answer was to put array init into static
methods and then return array.  Changed from:

         private static final long _tokenSet_0_data_[] =
{ -2305803976550907904L, 383L, 0L, 0L };
         public static final BitSet _tokenSet_0 = new
BitSet(_tokenSet_0_data_);

         private static final long[] mk_tokenSet_0() { long[] data =
{ -2305803976550907904L, 383L, 0L, 0L }; return data; }
         public static final BitSet _tokenSet_0 = new
BitSet(mk_tokenSet_0());

Seems to slow things down a tiny bit at start up not sure if it's
significant; -Xprof showed nothing bizarre.

My head is still fuzzy from being sick, but I'm starting to make a bit
of progress on 2.7.2 :)

Ter
--
Chief Scientist & Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com