[antlr-interest] Re: More VC++ 6 Confusion (MFC libs)

jsrs701 jsrs701 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 15:52:04 PST 2001

--- In antlr-interest at y..., "isabellemus" <meta.logix at p...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try using the static antlr library, works for me (use the LIB
project
> in MSCV6-dll directory).
>
> I have a different problem with using the dll : I cannot get MSVC
> generate an import library (don't have a .def file), and cannot
find
> any export declarations in the source.
>
> Isabelle

The import library issue is a messy one.  In one of the contrib items
for building an ANTLR DLL, it mentions a replacement file
(config.hpp) that contains a macro called DLLEXPORT.  Unfortunately,
I can't find any trace of this file, nor the macro.  Hm.

You probably don't want to do a .def file, though, since you'll have
to deal with the messy C++ munged symbols.  Ugh.  Better to stick
with the dllimport and dllexport declspecs on the classes themselves.

On second thought, anybody know where that config.hpp file got off
to?  Ter, Ric?  It's the file Michael Richter mentions in his README.

JSRS