[antlr-interest] token stream resynching in custom exception handlers?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Nov 5 01:30:51 PST 2001

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:03:57AM -0800, Terence Parr wrote:
> > I ported it yah.
>
> Ric, does $lookaheadSet compute lookahead from where the action sites?
> (in this case the FOLLOW)?
>
> Perhaps we should have $FOLLOW and $FOLLOW(rule) and $FIRST(rule) as
> values.  $lookaheadSet is ambiguous, right?

You're right (to be specific it does a grammar.theLLkAnalyzer.FOLLOW(1,
currentRule.endNode) ). For 2.7.2a1 release we might stick to renaming
$lookahead to $FIRST ? Implement the other versions somewhere later (or if
you got some spare time somewhere :) ). I'm still looking for a timeslot
somewhere that I can spend on antlr to get my part finished :(

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Time what is time - I wish I knew how to tell You why - It hurts to know -
          Aren't we machines - Time what is time - Unlock the door
               - And see the truth - Then time is time again
                From: 'Time what is Time' by Blind Guardian