[antlr-interest] Need Help in Finding or Constructing a Source Analysis Tool

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Oct 31 03:16:46 PST 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 06:38:04PM -0000, ppfaffman at BIGSANDY.COM wrote:
> Maybe the general question is this: is it possible to parse C++ (with
> antlr) without applying semantic assists that precursor template
> definitions would supply?

Hmmm on one hand antlr is pretty powerfull with it's LL(k) tricks and
semantic predicates. On the other hand C++ is quite an evil language to
parse... It might be possible, but you might end up bald in the process due
to a lot of hair pulling...

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Time what is time - I wish I knew how to tell You why - It hurts to know -
          Aren't we machines - Time what is time - Unlock the door
               - And see the truth - Then time is time again
                From: 'Time what is Time' by Blind Guardian