[antlr-interest] Coctail vs ANTLR

Stdiobe stdiobe at enneya.com
Sun Sep 30 22:00:13 PDT 2001

Ruslan,

> I just want be sure that ANTLR is really best choice and I will not later
> redo parsers...

Like you, I've read about Cocktail, and it does sound very impressive, but
the version you are refering to is from '93 and is no longer supported (and
is
written in modula, with C code generated from it).

If you need a more recent version check out www.cocolab.de
There, you can find more information about Cocktail and also
some demo's you can download.

For me, the commercial version of the tool was a bit too expensive (>$10K),
but if you've got the money I would definitely give it a try (and please
share
your experiences with us!).

Stdiobe.