[antlr-interest] learning pitfall....

Lloyd Dupont lloyd at galador.net
Tue Apr 2 02:24:07 PST 2002

still learning ANTLR and having problems.....

I try with my real problem which is, amongst other things, to rewrite my Java interprer with ANTLR.

I want it to be able to read java or my (so-called) "LJSH script" which could have, for example, import statement anyway.

so I try to compile this:

the java.g grammar (in examples\java\java), this work well.

But if I add this production in the grammar:
// ------- added in java.g, in JavaRecognizer class ----------
script : (statement | importDefinition) *  ;

there is suddenly a non determinism in "identifierStar" rule, I hardly figure it why and how to debug this.
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP
Please......
(Thanks)

By the way, reading anything I could about nondeterminism I see an example with a token set like that :
('b' | )