[antlr-interest] imaginary tree nodes

James Peckol jasonyipwa at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 08:15:44 PDT 2002

Hi,

   I am very new to ANTLR. So I am asking some basic things. When I am reading the tree construction part in the documentation, I just didn't understand what it was talking about.

   I especially don't understand what this does:

   rule  : A b:B C
            {#rule = #(#b, [IMAG, "IMAG"]);}

   ;

   What is an imaginary tree node and what it does with the AST? Why do I have to use it?

   I look at the grammar file, then compiled the code, and look at the result. I also look at the documentation.
   None of it helped me to understand what it is, just made me even more confusing.
   Could anybody helps me? Thanks!

Jason