[antlr-interest] Specifying literals in the Lexer

rradh rradh at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 12:20:03 PDT 2002

Hi,

In the documentation it says you can specify literals
using 'literals' keyword. However when I used it, I got the following
error message.

the literal option is invalid >= ANTLR 2.6.0

I really do want to specify one or two of my keywords in the lexer
instead of the parser. This is because the keywords contain '[', ']'
characters that are valid characters in my IDENTIFIER expression.

If I put the keywords in the parser, the lexer always returns the
IDENTIFIER token when the keywords are not space delimited.

I want to get rid of the

lexical nondeterminism between rules <KEYWORD> and IDENTIFIER upon ..

warnings.

Thanks
Rajesh