[antlr-interest] New user

Sinan sinan.karasu at boeing.com
Thu Aug 29 11:41:02 PDT 2002

Matt Benson wrote:

> I had pretty much determined the meanings of ()* and
> ()+  but what, then, is the origin of the terms
> "closure subrule" and "positive closure subrule" ?
> Have I just not read enough yet?  :)
>
> Anyway, I just upgraded to the newer version and it
> seems to have solved my compilation problem.  Tomorrow
> I'll probably come up with more!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Matt

These are pretty much standard terminology.

For reference take a look at

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/palsberg/cs352/F00/

The reason I picked that site is because

Book: Andrew W. Appel, Modern Compiler Implementation in Java, Cambridge
University Press, 1998, 0-521-58388-8.

is very down to earth and at a gut level.

Anyway that should give you enough of a starting point.

Sinan