[antlr-interest] lexical nondeterminism warning

Philip Hunt Philip.Hunt at advent-comm.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 08:30:34 PST 2002

I have a grammar, and when run Antlr on it, I get several warnings of
the form:
"warning: lexical nondeterminism between rules XXX and YYY on ..."

I know what is causing these warnings (I am using '-' to mean lots of
different
things) and i am OK with them. Is there any way I can switch the warnings
off,
so that I only get the warnings that might indicate something is wrong?

I have tried:

   option { generateAmbigWarnings = true; }

but this doesn't work because this option is only allowed in parser rules,
and I am using it in lexer rules.

--
Philip Hunt, <Philip.Hunt at advent-comm.co.uk>

This message is intended for the addressee only. It must not be disclosed
to, altered, copied or used by anyone other than the addressee(s). If you
have received this message in error, please notify our email administrator
at   postmaster at advent-comm.co.uk <mailto:postmaster at advent-comm.co.uk> and
destroy the message, removing it completely from your computer system.
Thank you for your assistance.

Mail Virus Warning

This email and any attachment are believed to be free from viruses which
might affect any system into which they are received or opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.
 Advent Communications accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct,
indirect or consequential loss or damage arising in any way from receipt,
opening or use.