[antlr-interest] serialization and IOStreams

gurkowsky2000 <murat.oezcan at isis-papyrus.com> murat.oezcan at isis-papyrus.com
Mon Dec 9 04:52:09 PST 2002

hi there,

i am currently developing a small language in C++, where the parser
is generated by antlr, and the commands are my classes which are
based on the BaseAST. since these are small programs in a distributed
environment, i need to get the generated trees serialized. is there
anybody who did something like this and would be ready to share
experiences with me?

i must add, that i am trying to avoid altering the base classes which
are delivered with antlr. this would make it difficult for me to keep
with the newer versions of antlr. perhaps this could be included in
the base classes as an extension? at least the operators "<<"
and ">>" could be overriden- perhaps the easiest way of enabling a
generic serialization (?)

thank you very much in advance for the help

murat