[antlr-interest] Re: Exceptions in C# backend

steve hurt steven.f.hurt at lmco.com
Tue Dec 17 11:24:23 PST 2002

Micheal;

We have tried every release available for download on the ANTLR site (related to
c#) before we sent out the original message. I have also gone back and installed
every patch from MS that I can find to see if the problem is in our machine
configurations. We have also tried various machines with the full SDK and VS
installed to ensure it's not just a localized machine issue. So I have tried to
eliminate all of the issues at the user level before sending out a message.

What we did find is that 2.7.2a4 builds fine with nant but not VS. so there may
be some issues lurking in the various baselines. I only point that out in an
effort to make a future release much cleaner (I am a strong supporter of all the
work that has been done so I don't want that to come across as a strong
criticism).

Unless someone else can see an obvious problem we will attempt to dig into the
issue using a different methodology but I wanted to cover as many of the simple
errors as possible before doing that.

SH