[antlr-interest] C++ Runtime in WinNT for 2.7.2a2

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Feb 21 02:15:07 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 02:52:25PM +0530, Prasad K K wrote:
> I need help in using C++ parser generator in Win NT platform.
>
> I am able to use it in version 2.7.1 (by following the posts I found here
> and in the jGuru FAQ), but it does not work for version 2.7.2a2. Three of
> the files do not compile when I try to compile using 'cl' (Microsoft C/C++
> compiler) compiler. They are

Use STL port. The MSVC6 stl is broken it seems (with regard to building a
DLL). Attempts to build 2.7.2a1 with MSVC6 have been unsuccesfull. Someone
posted that STLPort solves the problem. A search on the archive may show up
the original message.

> Any information as to why these errors occur and how they can be resolved
> will be of immense help.

So far I have not heart a solution I liked for MSVC6.

> Moreover, I was able to compile successfully and create the library for the
> 2.7.2a2 version by using GNU (g++) compiler.
>
> Is there a 'preferred' platform or compiler for ANTLR?

G++ is my development platform logically it will work best with g++. You
might also have success building a dll with MinGW or cygwin. I got to
installing the tools at home but did not have time to look at actually
building a dll with them.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
  of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
    goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
     technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.