[antlr-interest] PCCTS grammer to ANTLR grammer....

jg z zjg1964 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 06:14:53 PST 2002

Hi, Avkash,
    I think I can reply your first two questions.
    You can't use the same PCCTS grammar with ANTLR
2.6 or above. There are two main differences between
PCCTS and ANTLR.
   First, ANTLR is run in JAVA environment and can
generate source code either in C++ or in JAVA.
   Second, the procedures to generate the lexer are
different. With PCCTS, the first step is to generate a
.dlg file, then use DLG to generate the final source
code for lexer. But with ANTLR, you can directly
generate source code for lexer simply in one step,
don't need DLG any more. So the grammar for lexer is
totally different. You have to rewrite the lexer part
in your old grammar to replace the old part.
   Additionally, the parser part in the grammar also
has some differences which you can find on the
  http://www.ANTLR.org/papers/133to220.htm.

     zuo