[antlr-interest] from antrl-generated AST back to java-file?

pc_poppe pc_poppe at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:51:10 PST 2002

Hi I'm working on a refactoring tool for java and I'm using antlr to
parse java-files.(the java example that you can download). the result
is an AST. and then I make some changes to that AST.These are very
simple like renaming a method.

My question is how can i get a working java-file from my altered AST?

If I try to write out the AST additional words like modifiers and
class-def,... are written out with the rest and then I dont have a
java-file I can compile and execute.

To resume I want my sourcecode back, starting from an AST.

Who can help me?