[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.2a1 alpha/test release out!

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 3 01:31:51 PST 2002

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 09:56:59PM +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> after a second glance I can tell you that my SDL-2000 parser (C++
> version) compiles and runs with 2.7.2a1! (Except for the problem with
> "-pendantic" and "-ansi" reported before, and the need to change a few
> lines concerning AST factory).

Ack! I'll try with 2.95.3 and those flags here on solaris. Probably some
trivial stuff.

> Ric, didn't you say you improved code generation? For my parser, source
> code size has not changed significantly.

I dropped a lot of those things since they didn't work 100% and fixing them
took me too much time. I have some thoughts on reimplementing a few bits of
the codegenerator (output writing) after that I'll put them back. I give no
timeframe for that though...

> Nevertheless, 2.7.2 looks good!

Good to hear it =)

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
  drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them. Ah? ..
           So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
                 From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet