[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.2a2 released :)

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Jan 15 07:43:41 PST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:59:47PM +0100, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> As for the C++ version, I did a quick compile with MSVC6 (SP4) on Win2k
> using the top-level workspace (not one from contrib) which required me to
> change two things in the workspace:
>
> * re-added all source/header files (some where missing which resulted in
> errors)
> * changed the output directory (it did put the generated dll into
> c:\winnt\system32 which does not exist on my computer)
>
> Other than that, it did compile without errors (only several warnings).
> In order to try the dll, I then created a workspace for the examples and
> added a project for tinyc. It compiled without errors, but when I ran it,
> I got an access violation in
>
> inline bool CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator() (const
> ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)string& x,const ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)string& y)
> const
>
> where y references some in-accessible memory area. The call originates
> from the initLiterals method in the generated lexer, more precisely the
> first assignment. I did not yet check with the static library, but perhaps
> there is some problem with Microsoft's STL version here.

On one point I'm very glad to hear that it works on Win2k with MSVC6.. :)

On the other why the @(#$@# isn't it working on XP then ? I used if I'm not
mistaken the same version of MSVC6 but it dies somewhere in stl header
files. Maybe it's an XP thing .. I guess..

Could you make the operator() a normal member function in stead of inline?
Maybe that helps?

Cheers and thanks a mill for the report,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
  drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them. Ah? ..
           So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
                 From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet