[antlr-interest] ANTLR DLL with Visual C++

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jan 16 04:43:29 PST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 06:39:04PM +0100, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> After having delved a bit mor einto the ANTLR-DLL issue, I think I can shed
> some light on it. With the 2.7.2a2 there are two problems as far as I can
> see:

Many thanks for this clear analysis =)

> So, bad luck with Visual C++ as its seems. Perhaps STLPort works ? This
> would have the benefit of being the same over all supported OSs, and in
> addition its namespace is not std:: (which of course is also a downside as
> all references have to be changed - how about a symbol for choosing the STL
> namespace to use ?). I have not checked whether its license is compatible
> with ANTLR, though.

Hmmm this is not good. I'd rather not switch to a different STL
implementation just because one compiler screws up. Then I'd rather switch
to using custom classes, as this would also make the ppl happy that want a
smaller support lib.

> PS: I have attached the workspace for the antlr lib/dll (intended to go to
> lib\cpp), and also for the tinyc example (intended to go to examples\cpp)
> which contains four targets (debug/release static library which works as
> far as I can see, and debug/release dll which does not work as described
> above).

Thanks a lot!

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----