[antlr-interest] ANTLR DLL with Visual C++

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 17 02:23:27 PST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:21:14PM +0100, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> I actually managed to compile the dll with STLPort (4.5) and Visual C++ -
> it required only two changes: linking against the STLPort dll (release)
> and undefining the symbol ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION. STLPort
> replaces the "std::" namespace, no mangling was necessary.
>
> Of course, providing custom classes would mean reinventing the wheel
> sometimes (vector, string etc.) which I personally try to avoid as much as
> possible. Perhaps, requiring STLPort for the ANTLR DLL only would be
> acceptable as the normal STL works well when using a static library ?

This is indeed a solution. Well I'm not really bursting with energy when it
comes to reimplementing STL stuff just to replace it for MSVC6.. I guess
this is a workable workaround for the MSVC users (for the dll build at
least).

I'll probably be able to do merge work/docu updates next week.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----