[antlr-interest] Re: Bad Feature in 2.7.1: System.exit()

Stdiobe stdiobe at enneya.com
Thu Jan 17 10:59:03 PST 2002

> The reason this occurs is because the classpath used for the run
> 'antlr.Tool.main()' is set to "." (presumably).   This would be
> fine if I was working by myself, but it's not practical in a
> multi-developer environment.

Well, I have antlr in my CLASSPATH environment variable
so I have no problems :-)

But, I just checked the antlr task definition and you're right, there
is no way to change the classpath for antlr, but looking at
the task implementation I think you could just add below code to
the class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ANTLR
to solve your problem (have not tested this, so no guartantee; copied
the code from 'java' task implementation):

    /**
     * Set the classpath to be used
     */
    public void setClasspath(Path s) {
        createClasspath().append(s);
    }

    /**
     * Creates a nested classpath element
     */
    public Path createClasspath() {
        return commandline.createClasspath(project).createPath();
    }

Now it should be possible to do something like:

    <antlr ..... classpath="mypath"/>

Stdiobe