[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR Rights and Open Source issues

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Tue Jan 22 17:27:43 PST 2002

> Can you change the current license?

Sure, Ter ostensibly has the copyright to it, and do what he pleases.
If you argue it's public-domain, then Ter can *assume* copyright (as
can I, or anyone else, for that matter) and do as they please.

> If you do a full rewrite and are the 100% author then obviously you can do
> what you want.....but antlr has accepted contributions from many different
> people, surely you will need to get everyones agreement to change the license.

My take is that by contributing code back to the mainline, you
acquiese to the license of the mainline, which to this point has
been public-domain.

	-bob