[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR Rights and Open Source issues

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Wed Jan 23 18:19:21 PST 2002

> John, Eric, Ian, Chuck--

> Thanks for the pointers.  After looking over the opensource licenses, I
> "like" the Intel version of the BSD license (it deals with a couple of
> sensitive issues--modification and export--not addressed in the BSD
> license).

I must have missed something in my re-reading of both of those but I don't
see how the Intel license is different from the BSD license on the issue of
modification of the package.

Personally, unless some crypto code gets put into the Antlr mainline, I
don't see any value to adding the export clause and it just makes the
license that much more cumbersome and brittle.

Take care,
	John