[antlr-interest] Re: PreservingFileWriter

jsrs701 jsrs701 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 11:44:17 PDT 2002

--- In antlr-interest at y..., Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:
> useful for C++.  Actually why don't I just make that sensitive to
the
> language option?  If C++ then do the preservation thing.  Make
sense?

Okay, maybe I missed something completely obvious, but what the
flippin' heck is this conversation all about?!  Preservation thing?
What is that?  Why would C++ want it and Java not?

And Ter, what's with your disdain for command-line parameters?  I
thought you's was a Unix dude!  :-)

At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could produce
MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
outputing the big diagnostic text files.  I think a command line that
supported that would be ducky.

JSRS