[antlr-interest] Re: PreservingFileWriter

jsrs701 jsrs701 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 14:25:55 PDT 2002

--- In antlr-interest at y..., Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:
> > At this point, I'd really like a system whereby ANTLR could
produce
> > MULTIPLE output formats from a single invocation, like (for a
> > strictly hypothetical situation, *ahem*) outputing C++ code AND
> > outputing the big diagnostic text files.  I think a command line
that
> > supported that would be ducky.
>
> You could make a script that runs antlr twice ;)

Hm.  A certain observation about the relative intelligence of the
gluteal muscles comes to mind...  :-)

That is, of course, the obvious solution, given a scriptable
environment.  However (says the platform agnostic), I happen to be
running in a Visual Studio environment, where that kind of stunt is
extremely non-intuitive (and therefore unmaintainable), if not
outright impossible in the IDE.

Sigh.

Hence my desire for cmd-line options.