[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR grammar for ANTLR itself.

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 13 13:28:26 PDT 2002

--- In antlr-interest at y..., Terence Parr <parrt at j...> wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 11:45  PM, fumikatsu_moriyama wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot.
> > Uuu..., I'm ashamed ...
>
> There is no shame...you are stronger than most because you actually
have
> the courage to look at the inside of antlr! ;) Not even I want to
look
> at antlr.g anymore ;)

It's not that bad--there are a few unimplemented features, and it is a
bit messy in places because of the unified parser/lexer/treewalker
grammar approach.  For initial viewing, you probably want to use
ANTLR's -html option (Ter--where did the strip actions option go?  I
think that that was -g in PCCTS) to generate a file for viewing:  the
grammar is cluttered with actions which make it a little hard to
follow.

--Loring