[antlr-interest] Re: Please make ANTLR check for missing/redefined tokens

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Jun 25 03:15:30 PDT 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 04:44:05PM +0100, Pete Forman wrote:
> At 2002-06-24 17:06 +0200, Ric Klaren wrote:
> >The prerelease 2.7.2 versions have warnings for this kindoff thing (most of
> >them anyway). Maybe it needs a bit more tweaking to appease anyone though.
>
> While you're at it can you please fix the error message when the
> import vocab file is missing.  I presume the "'null" should be a file
> name.
>
> ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.1   1989-2000 jGuru.com
> panic: Cannot find importVocab file 'null

Hmmm I cannot reproduce this in the repository code.. other than the
missing quote at the end of the thing. Could you check if this happens with
the prerelease version? If yes could you send me minimal files/recipe that
reproduce it?

> I also have a feature request.  Might we have a "-i" command line
> option to specify a directory other than the current one to locate
> the import vocab file.  This would complement "-o" for those such as
> myself who keep source and generated/object files in separate
> directories.

It would be handy to have, I had to kludge around this in my project as well.

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----