[antlr-interest] Re: ACE C preprocessor by Gosling

Bogdan Mitu bogdan_mt at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 02:10:45 PDT 2002

--- Terence Parr <parrt at jguru.com> wrote:

> Very secret stuff ;)  Just trying to solve that last nasty problem of
> the "emitter".  You have a tree, but how the devil to you generate
> output without a million print statements.  I think I have a nice
> "output grammar" idea that is the inverse of the input grammar.  The
> prototype of this output template stuff is currently generating HTML
> pages on jGuru ;)

Does this means that if write a translator from language A to language B, we
also have the translator from B to A, just inverting the grammars? That's
really great.

Is ANTLR 3.0 going to be AST-based? This will allow more people to
contribute, the current code is a bit entangled ...

Looking forward for your new stuff,
Bogdan