[antlr-interest] Should dup() and dupXXXX() have shallow or deep clone semantics?

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Mon Nov 11 15:24:08 PST 2002

Just wondering aloud about this. I mean should object references
inside the AST nodes just be copied or should the objects be cloned
as well?

What about object references to non-ANTLR types like String etc?

I presume each call to dup()/dupXXX() be considered as making a
separate clone of the object/object-graph so all cloned objects and
cloned referenced objects must be unique across calls.

Micheal