[antlr-interest] Grammar design question

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 9 09:45:17 PDT 2002

Hi,

I have a question about grammar design that I haven't seen an answer
to in my readings.  I may have just not put the pieces together
(sorry!), or it may just not be easily doable.

I have a language where a set of 10 different tokens can occur at a
given point.  The tricky part is that some of them can occur multiple
times; some can occur only once; some are optional; and some are
required.  On top of that, they can occur in any order.  Is it
possible to represent this scenario in an ANTLR grammar?

Thanks,
Reid