[antlr-interest] ANTLR 2.7.3

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Thu Oct 10 12:03:54 PDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 10:16  AM, Luke Evans wrote:

> OK, it's another one of those 'when is the next official point release'
> question...
>
> Antlr seems to be creeping slowly-ish towards 2.7.3.  Is this an
> asymptote,
> or will it get there?  ;-)

<snicker>

Yep, for sure by january 2003, you'll have full 2.7.2.  I'm teaching at
U San Francisco a course on languages; we'll need the latest and stable
release.

Sounds like we need to stick in the C# output now.  Further, Ric has a
bit of work left.  Also, I have some Loring Craymer bugs to fix too ;)

I unfortunately started a new feature instead of fixing the last few
bugs, but I need the features to do a presentation.  Specifically, I
have AST to tree diagram and grammar to syntax diagram generators
almost complete and in antlr.util.*.  I generate Lout output and then
convert to PDF or whatever from there.  I can also make it generate a
GIF or whatever graphics format you want if you're willing to download
some more tools.  This stuff is *way* kewl.  Wait til you see!  I
include a sample output PDF file for your drooling pleasure.  Also the
stuff is really easy to use:

String lout1 = LoutGenerator.treeToLout("(EXPR stat stat)");
String lout2 = LoutGenerator. grammarToLout("a : A B ;");

L8R G8Rs,
Ter