[antlr-interest] Lexers hoist simple preds now

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Mon Sep 2 10:50:45 PDT 2002

On Monday, September 2, 2002, at 02:00  AM, Ric Klaren wrote:
> Good to see you at work on antlr again :) (now hope that I get some
> time in
> the near future to do some of the last debugging sessions on the C++
> part :( )

Hooray!
>> NOTE the really cool thing is that the C++ and C# output generators
>> will not have to be modified because the code generator is called
>> after
>> I build the internal representation of nextToken rule. :)  Woohoo!
>
> <another cheer at Ter>

Thanks...  I must say that the code is really disgusting viewing it
again after quite an absence and with the perspective of having written
a commercial program (jGuru server).  Ick Ick Ick!  Oh well, I was a
prototype guy.  With luck, future work will benefit from my newfound
respect for real coding! ;)

> Some small questions:
>
> Does this do anything for parsers as well ? (too lazy to read the code
> ;) )
> I saw no patches in the documentation I trust these are still pending
> ;) ;) ;)

Sure is...i'll update the doc.  It doesn't affect parsers, only a
lexer's nextToken--not even lexer rules that call other lexer rules.
This is a prelude to the future ;)

Ter