[antlr-interest] column info for syntactic predicates

Oliver Burn oliver-lists at puppycrawl.com
Sat Sep 14 21:55:28 PDT 2002

Hi,

I am the author of a tool called Checkstyle (http://checkstyle.sf.net) which
checks that Java code confirms to a coding standard. By default the Sun coding
standard. The tool makes extensive use of ANTLR.

I am in the process of refactoring the way Checkstyle works, and want to track
line & column information in syntactic predicates. In my research I came across
the article on tracking column information at
http://www.antlr.org/fieldguide/columns/index.html.

At the end of the article it says that is it possible to track column info for
syntactic predicates. Does anybody have any more information (or better still
examples) on how to do this.

Regards,
Oliver