[antlr-interest] column info for syntactic predicates

Oliver Burn oliver-lists at puppycrawl.com
Mon Sep 16 16:47:45 PDT 2002

Hi Joe,

Still hoping for a solution to tracking column info for syntactic predicates.

Yes, the output from ANTLR certainly does not conform to the SUN coding
standards. The trick when running Checkstyle using the ANT task is to
exclude the generated ANTLR files.  The following is an example of how to
do this. Note that the generated ANTLR files are prefixed with "Generated".

    <checkstyle properties="docs/checkstyle.rules">
      <fileset dir="src/checkstyle"
               includes="**/*.java"
               excludes="**/Generated*.java"/>
    </checkstyle>