[antlr-interest] variable definition in java.g

a_j_key key at prontomail.com
Tue Apr 29 02:10:59 PDT 2003

Hi all,

After reading some posts and thinking about my problem, I could
change my approach, but I'm still stuck with the following:
variable declaration in Java: e.g. int a, b, c; double d;
What I want to do is to create something like a 'var-node' for the
first expression, and var-node for the second. I should looks like:

VAR_NODE

    - VARIABLE_DEF

           ...  a
    |-VARIABLE_DEF

           .... b
VAR_NODE

    - VARIABLE_DEF

          .... d

Here is my grammar:

declaration!
    :   m:modifiers t:typeSpec[false] v:variableNode[#m,#t]
        {#declaration = #v;}
    ;

variableDefinitions[AST mods, AST t]
    :   variableNode[getASTFactory().dupTree(mods),
                           getASTFactory().dupTree(t)]
        (   COMMA!
            variableNode[getASTFactory().dupTree(mods),
                               getASTFactory().dupTree(t)]
        )*
    ;
variableNode[AST mods, AST t]
    : vd:variableDeclarator
     #variableNode = #(#["VAR_NODE, "VAR_NODE"], vd);

variableDeclarator![AST mods, AST t]
    :   id:IDENT d:declaratorBrackets[t] v:varInitializer
        {#variableDeclarator = #(#[VARIABLE_DEF,"VARIABLE_DEF"], mods,
                                 #(#[TYPE,"TYPE"],d), id, v);}
    ;

Thanks for your suggestions,

a.j.key