[antlr-interest] suggested ANTLR projects?

Boulanger Jean-Louis jean-louis.boulanger at hds.utc.fr
Tue Aug 5 14:57:45 PDT 2003

Selon Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu>:

> On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 01:18 PM, Matthew Ford wrote:
>
> > NetBeans already supports using ANTLR for grammar highlighting so I
> > would
> > suggest starting there for IDE's (ie. use ANTLR to parse ANTLR).
> > However, having looked at it myself you may need half your time just
> > sorting
> > out how the current implementation works.
>
> I was thinking the same thing about the eclipse plugin.  What I'd
> really like is a prototyping tool that made it super easy to create a
> parser or translator rapidly.  Later people could import the grammar
> into eclipse or whatever.

 I think, its a good idea, but you can take into account the possibility to
construct a new grammar by inehritance and add some facilities for distinguishes
 new ambiguities introduces by new rules or by overloading rules.

 One another thing is to facilitate the manual tree construction based on
predifined grammar token (importVocab).

 sincerly
 Boulanger JL