[antlr-interest] Auto- completion feature based on ANTLR

Tom Moog tmoog at polhode.com
Mon Aug 18 16:42:24 PDT 2003

Lookahead sets do not capture semantic predicate information used
to predict alternatives.  Perhaps you are thinking of something
like java reflection for grammars ?

Auto-complete features generally use minimal prefix matching to
select the token's interpretation.  Thus, given a choice between
MIN and MAX it will recognize MI as MIN.  This requires feedback
from the parser to the lexer or lazy evaluation of prediction
expressions.

Tom Moog