[antlr-interest] Petition to Terence Parr! WAS: Re: antlr 3 - make parser event driven ?

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Thu Aug 28 15:45:44 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam at y...>
wrote:
> Which main line code?  I am reading the XPA code but I
> can't make the connection to what it is that Oliver
> wants to do with his ASTFactory subclass that
> create(String) needs to be public.  I have rebuilt
> stuff without that mod and modified the stuff I worked
> on to built an AST and I can't seem to break anything
> without this change.  Guess we'll have to wait for
> Oliver.

Well, well, emm, errrr, in short: I am an idiot! You are right! All
the time I thought I needed that patch, but actually I do not!
I can safely overload create(String) in my subclass and make it
publicly accessible.

Well, you want to know why it has to be public in the first place?
Hopefully I am not wrong again, but I need it to write something like
#["<xml>"] for tree construction.

Oliver