[antlr-interest] Petition to Terence Parr! WAS: Re: antlr 3 - make parser event driven ?

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Fri Aug 29 02:09:52 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at c...>
wrote:
> I should make it world readable yes...i'll look into making the
> repository visible via a webserver or something.  It uses perforce
and
> I give rw access to people that want to help develop :)
>
> Ter

This would be a very good thing. I participate in a project at
jakarta.apache.org and they have got read access for CVS for
everyone. When you get read/write access you need SSH tools
communicating with a SSH daemon on their side. Another example is
sourceforge. Similar thing for read/write.

But this is *CVS*. Do not know how to do it with perforce. Is it
accessible over the net in the first place? What about client
licenses? Thought I heard it is free for open source development?
Are there plugins available for the prominent IDEs?

Although I know the advantages of perforce over CVS and you would
not want to switch back to CVS when you have seen perforce, would
you consider making ANTLR visible to the outside with CVS? The
drawback would be you would have to merge your changes in perforce
with CVS and vice-versa. The advantage is everybody knows CVS and
has the tools for it.

Not a perfect solution, but maybe worth thinking about it ;)

Oliver