[antlr-interest] XML parsing - dtd import

mikri_kala remi.schnekenburger at cea.fr
Fri Dec 19 01:39:27 PST 2003

Hi All,

I have to parse XML files. the abstract syntax of these files is
described with a DTD. So I had a simple question. Does a tool exist
to generate a grammar file for antlr (to generate a token parser,
building an AST) from a DTD. It would be a (working if possible)
tool that would have a dtd file in entry and would generate a .g
file, that would allow the generation of a token parser.

A tool called SmartTools is developped at the inria in france
(http://www-sop.inria.fr/oasis/SmartTools/st4up/) But this is not
working yet (it is still a development for a few days/month/year
(choose the right word)). Does another similar tool exists?

I have to develop a grammar now, but I would not like to change it
each time the dtd of my xml files change.
I am not sure that antlr is the right tool for what I am doing, I
hope it is. I could use XSLT to do the job, but I would prefer not
use this kind of item...

Thanks

Remi

Yahoo! Groups Links