[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR cpp-generated example crashes on Cygwin (Solved)

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Sun Dec 21 07:58:26 PST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:17:18PM -0000, Dario Gonzalez wrote:
> - The compiled antl.Tool class crashes when is called with no
> arguments (I don't know if this issue is present in stable versions):
> I'm not a java expert, so I don't know how to get the stack-trace
> (BTW, I won't send hate-mail to Mr. Parr ;) ), but it seems that the
> issue is very reproducible and obvious.

Also on solaris I've seen problems with a gcj compiled one. So far I've
only been able to make a stable binary on Redhat 9. No clue what the cause
of it is. I guess we'll give the gcj build experimental status ;)

> - The link to the latest Klaren's snapshot is broken. Due a typo (I
> assume) it actually links to the previous one. Here is the correct one
> (guessed from the name):
> http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr/antlr-20031211.tar.gz
> There is no problem generating the static library with this version in
> MSVC 6.0/SP5

Sorry about that :( I must have forgotten to update the link itself. Fixed
it just now. Glad to hear that MSVC6 static build works now. DLL I wouldn't
try on MSVC6 (but i'm told it can be done with STLport and some hacking)

Did this last snapshot work well with cygwin/mingw ?

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----

To visit your group on the web, go to: