[antlr-interest] History (was: Refactoring)

John D. Mitchell johnm-antlr at non.net
Wed Dec 24 20:16:12 PST 2003

'netiquette nanny says: Trim those posts!

[...]

> Ter had just decided on Java as an implementation language after playing
> around with Sather and some others--by that time, he had developed a
> passionate dislike of C++.

Ter and I were working a language that we were calling "C+-" that we were
going to use for various (kinds of) projects including ANTLR v2.

When Java came out we found a language that was close enough to our needs,
had the backing of a good sized organization, and was rapidly gaining
traction in the market so we bailed out of C+- and became Java gurus.

Happy Holidays!
		John

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: