[antlr-interest] Progess with Embedded Language.

craigmain001 <cmain at pps.co.za> cmain at pps.co.za
Tue Feb 4 23:46:53 PST 2003

Hi,

I have made some progress with my attempt to parse an embedded
language. Unfortunately I cannot get the darn lexer to ignore the
input outside of the delimiters. I need some help.

I need the lexer to merely reproduce all the input to stdout except
for sections of the input between '[' and ']'. If these characters
occur outside the delimiters, they must be escaped \[ and \].

All the text within the delimiters must be parsed like a separate
language. I have looked at the SED sample, and at the JavaDoc sample,
but I keep getting unknown characters for all the input text. I have
not managed to get the lexer to do what I need.

Please help. I have tried myself quite extensively, and am sure there
must be a simple solution to this.

Regards
Craig