[antlr-interest] please try out this audio file of the lecture

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Sat Feb 8 11:07:08 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 02:25 AM, Christian CORMIER wrote:

> Hi,
>          Good, easy to follow with notes, even for a French. When do
> you
> give us, slides and video? (-:

I have a Hi-8 video camera, but not a DV camera which easily plugs into
my OS X box.  Also, w/o someone watching the camera, I might move off
screen with my acrobatics ;)

Slides would be easier to follow, but I don't like presenting slides:
harder to get a lot of information (like big code) on the screen and I
forget what I meant to say.  Having notes written out is better for
students (as there is no book for the class) and easier for me to prep
next time I teach the class.

I'm glad it was easy to follow.  I have learned over the years of
public speaking not to use slang or "big" words and to speak as slowly
as possible.  8/10 students in my classes so far have been non-native
English speakers. :)

Let us hope the trend continues and the audio is useful!

Does any ANTLR-o-phile live in the San Francisco area that would lend
me their DV camera with a pass-through analog to digital converter?
Perhaps I should just buy a damn DV camera.  I still need someone to
move the camera though.

Terence
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco