[antlr-interest] VC 7.0 antlr.dll to special ATTN of Ric Klaren and Terence Parr

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 10 04:18:10 PST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:50:03AM -0500, Alexander Lenski wrote:
> (Sorry, this is a second trial. The first one did not get through:
> attachment is too big.)

You can send big stuff directly to me if necessary, our mailserver can
handle quite a lot.

I'll look at it when I'm back in office. (Taking a few earned days off
after returning from business trip to the states)

>             - Preprocessor Definitions
>               - WIN32;_DEBUG;_WINDOWS;_USRDLL;ANTLR_EXPORTS;ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_NAMESPACE

Shouldn't that namespace macro be in the config.hpp, in an appropriate msvc
7 #ifdef ?

>       - Check files (e.g. with the WinDiff) for details and other changes.

Will do :)

> 2 Requests by Alexander Lenski
>         These changes make specialization of the buffers possible.

I'll look at them, don't see much problems there. I might change a name or
two if I think it's more in antlr's naming style though.

>       - About the ! suffix (currently not implemented in full) for AST
>         construction rules
>         - Please, clarify your intentions related to the !.

What's documented should work I guess. If it's not it's a bug. The last
month has been very busy for me so I might have missed a bug report in that
period. To speed up bug fixes in C++ codegen you can send me a complete
compilable grammar which demonstrates the problem (if it's non trivial to
see) If I have to make a grammar myself to find debug such stuff it will
usually take quite some time to get it fixed (since it will need a big
antlr session for me to work on).

> - Please, consider addition of one more option for the C++ code gen to set
>   DLL export/import customizable spec in all antlr-generated classes in the
>   form class CUST_API SomeClass...

You mean an addition to only the top of the class definitions ? Mail me
details of what you want and I'll have a look (doesn't sound hard to make
in any case).

Thanks for your work!!!

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
  of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
    goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
     technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.