[antlr-interest] Re: 2.7.2 build system is fubar

kmstrsrv <kurt at whdl.com> kurt at whdl.com
Sun Feb 16 17:18:44 PST 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Dave <davekam at p...>"
<davekam at p...> wrote:

> ...because antlrall.jar is not included in the distribution!

I ran into this also.  I, too, naively assumed that you could just
configure, make, make install, but no dice.

I copied antlr.jar to antlrall.jar, and that got me through the
first part of the installation.

For me, the CLASSPATH seemed to be irrelevant because somewhere in
the Makefiles, there is a hardcoded -cp option to java that is also
wrong.  I think this is in one of the two "common" makefiles, (e.g.
Config.make, Rules.make, or something like that) and I changed it so
that this -cp pointed to the correct jar.

I then had trouble compiling the C++ library because it uses
std::exceptions, and at least with my Linux (Mandrake 8.2) and my
gcc (2.96) you need to explicitly #include <exceptions>

I added this include line to one of the header files
(IOException.hpp, I think) and then the C++ library compiled OK.

Sorry to be so vague about the actual files that I changed, but I
don't have easy access to that system at the moment.

Hope this helps,
-Kurt

Kurt Schwartz
Willamette HDL, Inc.