[antlr-interest] Re: Language Independence

lgcraymer <lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov> lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 27 14:37:29 PST 2003

ANTLR 3 will be a lot more language independent and will include my
tree rewriting extensions (which supports the type of rewrite that
you mention without resorting to constructing nodes in actions) and
automated tree grammar generation.  This would be in a 2.x but for the
licensing issues--I can release the code under open source license,
but not as public domain, and Ter is reluctant to take ANTLR open
source before the 3.0 rewrite.  Besides, we're both pretty busy right
now.  Maybe these issues will start to sort themselves out when we
have another ANTLR workshop (probably after Ter comes up for air from
his teaching inundation).

--Loring