[antlr-interest] antlr 2.7.2 release candidate 2 available

Robert Colquhoun rjc at trump.net.au
Mon Jan 6 04:54:43 PST 2003

At 03:02 PM 5/01/2003 -0800, Terence Parr wrote:
>I have tested this on win2k (cmd shell and bash from GNU) and Mac OS X.
>Further, I have removed all of the build shell scripts and mkjar type
>scripts I had since there is only one all encompassing antlr.jar now
>(450k) and a self-
>build tool.  Main dir is now clear of my build stuff...just C++ and C#
>stuff in there now.

There is a 300k java_deps file in the base directory, is that supposed to
be there?

With respect to the setASTNodeType/setASTNodeClass issue setASTNodeClass
wasn't available till recently so i guess most people used
setASTNodeType....on the other hand the user of setASTNodeType could easily
get confused with the Token Types and not sure exactly what type of String
the method takes.

Note TreeParser.java doesnt deprecate setASTNodeType but Parser.java does,
also the lexer/charscanner has setTokenObjectClass() for similar operation
so setASTNodeClass i guess is more consistent..

PS buildTokenTypeASTClassMap() is no longer unnecessarily creating a
Hashtable, Thanks!

  - Robert