[antlr-interest] Seperating Grammar and Actions..

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 13 06:02:53 PST 2003

on 1/13/03 4:29 AM, John D. Mitchell at johnm-antlr at non.net wrote:

> [...]
>
>> And now ANTLR can take TreeGrammar and Action files parse them. And
>> produce THE SAME output as it do now. I.e. We do not get penalty for big
>> switch and additional indirect call.
>
> I must be missing something...  I don't understand how that's any better
> than using e.g., a macro preprocessor.

Excuse me.

You want to say that exists some macro preprocessor that can do this ?
    I.e. Join TreeParser grammar with Action grammar of C++ or Java ?
    and then I  can send its result to ANTL ?

Where this preprocessor?
Why it is not included into ANTLR archive and examples of at least one
grammar splinted on 2 files ?

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com